Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bar Menu? Looking for examples, TIA!

Freshcoastbar
Soup I

Hey Everyone,

New bar  owner in Wisconsin! 

I am hoping to see how others have set up their menu...

Liquor, beer, mixed drinks 🙂

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

rcmck
Dessert I

There are a lot of ways to approach it, every business is different, is this primarily a bar?  If it is I would probably set it up for speed with a lot of the menus at the top of the menu hierarchy rather than a main DRINKS menu with everything grouped under that. You could have a LIQUOR menu instead with all liquors grouped under that, this will reduce the amount of taps to get what you need. Same thing with BEER, COCKTAILS, or even a Fast Bar menu with the most sold items. 

Personally I used the Bar Template toast provided and just built off of that. All spirits are grouped into their own categories, vodka, gin, etc. and have a price based on standard pour, and general modifiers, also have pre-modifiers like LITE, SPLASH, NO, XTRA attached the the general liquor mods.  Vodka, gin, etc. specific modifiers attached to their respective groups priced accordingly, as well as modifiers for most commonly ordered single spirit martinis/mixed drinks/cocktails. So waitstaff start with the base spirit first, and then choose the modifiers to build the drink, increasing the price as they go. For instance, choose Tito's vodka for $x.xx and then pick martini for $x.xx upcharge. I find this best to easily add new spirits, and make price adjustments as needed. For most common multiple spirit cocktails/martinis they are just in separate groups priced accordingly, as well as a Call Drink and Call Shot for those  cases where someone asks for a random drink that you really don't have or don't need a button for, priced high enough to make sure we get the money for whatever it is. 

It's always a work in progress for me, I am constantly monitoring special request and making adjustments. I would just concentrate on getting a basic menu built with the most common stuff, and add things as needed, staff will usually let you know when something is coming up often that you don't have a button or modifier for. 

GlennD
Soup III

We are new to Toast since August of 2023, little late to the discussion, but, we have use a variety of POS's over the years.  We found our Top 27, being an excellent way to get the least amount of taps.  Also we set up by liquor type, wine by the glass and bottle and beer draft and beer bottle & can and NA, hope this helps