Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SKU ERROR - Items not scanning over Multiple Locations NOV-JANUARY

jwalker
Soup III

Has anyone encountered an issue with scanning items?

We have seemingly random sku menu groups that stop scanning and seemingly random locations across new england.

Only way we have been able to get around it is to force close and restart the Toast application, Customer service  has not been very helpful, and no one can explain to me why it's happening or a fix is being worked on its effected 7 op codes so far for us.

Our locations do not share sku menu groups, each have their own menu.

10 REPLIES 10

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @jwalker, if you share your restaurant information, I can have an agent investigate this more. Maybe there is an issue with the location's Sku's communicating for certain menu groups because of how they were created. I'm not sure, as I don't have much experience with Sku's. A screen shot of the error code could be helpful too!

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

Hi Rob,

No error codes pop up it just doesn't ring in on the terminal.

This is LPM Group - all locations have different sku menus - nothing is shared it has happened in over 30 locations  from Pennsylvania to Maine

If i could get some feedback or tier 2 or above to assist that would be appreciated. This is a daily issue for us ive been crisis managing it alone Toast agents have given us nothing new to try 

we force stop,  restart resync   * publish ect to get it working 

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jwalker Tier 2 will need a bit more information to investigate this, but I will get it moved to the right people if you can provide some SKUs that won't scan, this way we have an area to pinpoint and test to investigate that will be beneficial, feel free to shoot these SKUs to me or just have them ready when the Tier 2 team reaches out via email to schedule a time to discuss this issue! 

Toast

There are no specific skus that end up not scanning,  its groups, or individual items like diet coke and not the same group  or item each time, they are different sku  issues at every location.

i'll gladly speak with a tier 2 about it  , someone of the menu team or well versed in skus and items , enterprise related would be the best. - this seems to be a issue with the version or system itself . - we've confirmed that there was no downtime with Internet at some of the locations. but for some reason   like when the day resets sometimes things don't scan or fail to load on the POS, its happened on ELo1, up to new flexes, it seems to be a programming issue.

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

Interesting, I am not too familiar with SKUs to offer help here, plus the added complexity of an enterprise location, but I will let them know! 

Toast