cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(See picture) How to include "left side" and "right side" pizza toppings on order ticket?

poppypizzeria
Soup I

Hey folks.

So, I followed the Toast article instructions for making the -- whole -- , -- 1st half --, and -- 2nd half -- pizza toppings, however I labeled mine left side and right side. 

half pizza.jpg

If you take a look at the picture, when I click the "left half" modifier group and click the modifier "pepperoni", it doesn't indicate on the order that only the left half should be pepperoni. Obviously, this would result in the kitchen making the wrong order. I tried to go see if I could somehow change the KDM name for the modifier but it doesn't seem like I can. The only other messy option I see is to label each modifier as "LH Pepperoni", "LH Salami", "LH Tomato", etc. (LH = Left Half). I'd like to avoid doing this if there's a neater way to do it. I haven't even gotten around to the online ordering yet so it wouldn't be a big deal for the POS but I imagine it would be unappealing for the customer interface.

TLDR; how can I make the modifier group name print on the ticket so the modifier itself is defined? I.e. How to print both "-- Left Half -- and "Pepperoni" on the order ticket?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

rcmck
Dessert I

You are getting close, but the toppings need to be another level lower so that the modifier group name will print above them. So you need to create a modifier group called Toppings for example, and then inside that modifier group have the left half, 2nd half etc., then dive deeper into those modifiers choose edit item and add your topping modifiers (nested) under those modifiers. So the modifiers are the left half, 2nd half, and those modifiers will have modifiers of their own (the toppings). I know it sounds confusing, go back and watch the video I shared earlier starting around the 29 minute mark https://play.vidyard.com/WPPsR1KgEvfBSUQM1MpkuU 

Untitled-2023-06-03-1636.png

*Edit -Realized I forgot a component of this 

Untitled-2023-06-03-1636.png

Firstly, thank you so much for your response. It is very helpful however I find myself a bit confused from my end. 

I took a screenshot of a specific item ("cheese pizza") under the pizza group. 

Following your diagram, it says to go under the "small pizza" item but I don't have that. I have my pizzas listed with size price and I have the inherited modifier groups. I added the "Toppings" modifier group you mentioned (I didn't remove the other modifier groups I had originally listed yet). I'm not sure if I should not use the inherited modifier groups and add a new modifier group under the item itself.  Say, I do make a new modifier group ("toppings") for the cheese pizza item, I then click "toppings" and make modifiers (whole, left side, right side), then click modifier (whole, for example), it gives me the option to add a modifier group under "whole".

This is how it is currently:

1.1.jpg

1.2.jpg

This is how I am following your advice:

What am I doing wrong?

d1.jpgd2.jpgd3.jpgd4.jpg

Thanks for the detailed response, this is very helpful, I'm away from a computer right now and I will get back to soon with an explanation of what is wrong and how to fix it.