Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory status is not reflected in Grubhub

Takuya
Soup III

I am a new Toast user.  I have a question about Integration with Grubhub.

Integration with Grubhub has been completed and the menu has been updated. Order status can be checked from the POS, however, stock status from the dashboard is not reflected in Grubhub if I change it to out of stock. Do I need to do anything other than change the status?

17 REPLIES 17

The regular and 3PD menus seem to be synchronized. If I change one item to "Out of stock", the same item on another menu will have the same status.

I tried several times on Grubhub after that and when I changed from Out of stock to In stock, it was reflected in a few minutes. On the other hand, when I change from In stock to Out of stock, it may not be reflected. Integration with UberEats and DoorDash has not been completed yet, so I am not sure what will happen.

au79teahouse
Community Ambassador

Menu groups can have different GUID/Number as long as items under your in-store menu and 3PD are the same. My guessing is, Grubhub update menus only on a set time interval while a Webhook/signal as mentioned by  @josh212 is sent to UberEats and Doordash right away when menu is updated on Toast end.

I think Toast will be implementing the sync issue with Grubhub soon because UE and DD did the same thing before. Instant sync for UE and DD is very recent thing.

@au79teahouse @Takuya @@They are sent a Webhook for stock immediately but it will go faster if you hit publish. Also @Takuya sent you PM because it might be something else 

au79teahouse
Community Ambassador

Hey @josh212, Thanks for the info! Please kindly keep me posted if you guys were able to figure out why stock availability does not update right away like how it does with Doordash and UberEats. Many thanks!