cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(See picture) How to include "left side" and "right side" pizza toppings on order ticket?

poppypizzeria
Soup I

Hey folks.

So, I followed the Toast article instructions for making the -- whole -- , -- 1st half --, and -- 2nd half -- pizza toppings, however I labeled mine left side and right side. 

half pizza.jpg

If you take a look at the picture, when I click the "left half" modifier group and click the modifier "pepperoni", it doesn't indicate on the order that only the left half should be pepperoni. Obviously, this would result in the kitchen making the wrong order. I tried to go see if I could somehow change the KDM name for the modifier but it doesn't seem like I can. The only other messy option I see is to label each modifier as "LH Pepperoni", "LH Salami", "LH Tomato", etc. (LH = Left Half). I'd like to avoid doing this if there's a neater way to do it. I haven't even gotten around to the online ordering yet so it wouldn't be a big deal for the POS but I imagine it would be unappealing for the customer interface.

TLDR; how can I make the modifier group name print on the ticket so the modifier itself is defined? I.e. How to print both "-- Left Half -- and "Pepperoni" on the order ticket?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

My example ( I have updated that post since I missed a part of the diagram) was to just show the how the hierarchy works, it doesn't matter if the modifiers are attached to the entire group or individual item. The example below is just for a single pizza as I have just one size and it is not a major part of our menu.

This is the menu item, with a general topping modifier group attached (name can be whatever you want)

promo3.png

Clicking into the toppings modifier group and adding the whole and half modifiers. Important to have more than one modifier can be chosen.

Untitled-2023-05-27-0653.png

Now hovering over these modifiers click the arrow to edit the item

Untitled-2023-06-03-1636.png

Now we are going to nest a modifier group within the Whole and Half modifiers. In my example I just have a modifier group for BYO Toppings, in your situation you may want to have Different Toppings groups like whole and half toppings (if you charge less for half) 

nested.png

Then finally diving into this modifier group we add our toppings modifiers.  ( I chose to price my toppings at the whole and half modifier level in this example, but you would want to price them at the the group level with size based pricing. (I did not test this part though, but it should work) I usually avoid size pricing and prefer to have separate items like Small Pizza and Large Pizza for better reporting. 

byo topping.png

Then Finally how it works on the POS

Untitled-2023-05-27-06533.png