Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gift Card Promotion

Every year we would do a promotion with our gift cards around the holidays.  Buy $50 get $10 bonus that had to be used between January 1 and March 31st.  We are currently using the Toast Gift Card program.

We have an easy program for our physical cards, but I am not sure what the solution is for the guests that buy e-gift cards.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can't give a bonus e-gift card but you can offer a discount of $10 off a purchase of a $50 gift card.

https://central.toasttab.com/s/article/Discounting-E-Gift-Card-Sales 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

You can't give a bonus e-gift card but you can offer a discount of $10 off a purchase of a $50 gift card.

https://central.toasttab.com/s/article/Discounting-E-Gift-Card-Sales 

BeverlyRace
Soup II

We offered a similar "Buy $100 Gift Card, Get $25 Gift Card for Yourself" promotions for years with our prior point-of-sale (MICROS).  I've asked for this online bonus e-card feature for two years now, to no avail. 

This is the answer that I got today from Customer Care:  Will be submitting a feature request to our engineers for this. A feature request informs our engineers that there is a desire for something to be added to the system. It is not a guarantee that a feature will be added, but it does create a paper trail. If a large percentage of our customers request the same thing, it increases the likelihood that it could be added in a future update.

So please share with your restaurant contacts to create Customer Care Cases showing the desire for this feature.  It likely won't be in time for this holiday season, but hopefully we can get it up and running for 2024's holiday season.

We have been doing a similar offer every year with Toast, I'm not sure what feature you need to be able to do this outside of having the gift card module? Can you explain what is missing that you require?