Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple tax rates - some being applied, some not

In my state there are several different taxes - State, County, special tax jurisdiction etc.  All of those rates have been set-up properly.  However, It's apparent that not all taxes are being applied to each and every item:

TaxOrder CountTax AmountNet Sales
MN COUNTY TAX 59.1838397.32
MN SPECIAL TAX 195.2738500.34
MN STATE TAX 2649.7538517.77
Metro Area 37237134.18

How do I track down which items are misconfigured?  It's pretty clear that there are random items in the menus that are not inheriting all of the properties of parent groups.  How can I find the errors?

3 REPLIES 3

Hey!

I'm from MN too, we had the same issue when all the taxes changed and I thought I had it all switched to the correct ones. 

I first started by looking at each menu groups tax before digging deeper. Thats when I realized a menu group that was selected to not inherit restaurant taxes didn't receive the new taxes. It was my liquor menu since I had it manual tax with the liquor tax. I would also check any new items you created, maybe specials or new sides, or modifiers that have a cost to them.

I went through that to realize a easy way!!!

1. Menu Builder 2. top left press "Advance Edit" 3. top right "show/hide" under that scroll to the bottom where taxes are and select "Applicable taxes"

Also from MN having the same issue! 

Besides Advanced Properties, did anyone find out how to quickly and easily see which items are not having tax rates applied correctly? We have a rather large menu so going through each individual item through Advanced Properties may not be realistic. Is there a report that I can run/export to Excel?

Hey, @mjbauer you could export the item detail report, but this will only tell you items that have been ordered. So, if you export this report for the last six months and there are some items that haven't been ordered but don't have the correct tax applied, you won't see them. 

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast