Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordering

Bartonfrank13
Soup I

From the quick order screen, can I ring in drinks, and then add them to a tab, or do I have to first open the tab, and then ring in the drinks? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

au79teahouse
Community Ambassador

I believe quick order mode creates a new check every time. If you want to add more items to an existing tab, you will need to open that tab first and then add more items.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

au79teahouse
Community Ambassador

I believe quick order mode creates a new check every time. If you want to add more items to an existing tab, you will need to open that tab first and then add more items.

hijessiejean
Soup II

Would love if Toast could add this simple change to their software.  For bar service, it is so much more convenient to ring in drinks and then add to the tab, as BartonFrank suggests.  Instead of having to cut off a customer in the middle of their order to ask "wait- do you have a tab open?"
Another way to possibly do it would be to be able to search by customer NAME on the split check screen, rather than by check number or credit card swipe.  Those options don't save time, but simply entering a tab name would.