Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SKU ERROR - Items not scanning over Multiple Locations NOV-JANUARY

jwalker
Soup III

Has anyone encountered an issue with scanning items?

We have seemingly random sku menu groups that stop scanning and seemingly random locations across new england.

Only way we have been able to get around it is to force close and restart the Toast application, Customer service  has not been very helpful, and no one can explain to me why it's happening or a fix is being worked on its effected 7 op codes so far for us.

Our locations do not share sku menu groups, each have their own menu.

10 REPLIES 10

CommerceCait
Soup III

We have experienced this as well, very infrequently, but more than a handful of times. The only deduction I've made, which may or may not be even be the cause, is that when I go into the Quick Edit for an item on the POS and scan the barcode into the SKU section, those items typically stop scanning some point down the road. If I enter the barcode through the backend using Advanced Properties or while editing the menu item, then these rarely have issues. Again, this is a very far fetched deduction but I haven't been able to make much sense of the problem either.

i deduced this as well, I  spoke to management and we are putting all items in on the back end now , it is still happening. - also sometimes when you clock the physical button say... coke, then it may scan again after the button was hit. sometimes resync all data works sometimes it doesnt

Another thing I just thought of is that an item wont scan if the previous item is still waiting on an option choice, like size choice or modifier. Even if the modifier is optional, if we don't hit done and get out of that item, we can't scan anything. Does Coke have a size choice, or do modifier options pop up?

We thought of both of these as well, no such luck. , smart though  I thought for sure it was causing the issue.