cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When DoorDash delivers my online orders for me, I NEED TO HAVE THE DRIVER'S PHONE NUMBER

escoop
Salad I

Is anyone else having this issue?  It's a real problem for me.  I need to be able to see the driver's phone number for orders placed on our website, but delivered by a DoorDash driver via our integration with Toast delivery services.

Background if you want more detail:

One of our customers placed an order online for delivery. Then, she called us because she realized she had incorrectly entered her address. Her order was being delivered by DoorDash using our integration with Toast. I needed to call the driver ASAP, so I went to the POS to retrieve the driver information. However, as happens all the time when our orders are delivered by DoorDash, the number for the driver was NO GOOD.

Then, last week, we had another issue with the Door Dash driver. Our customer called in and said the driver NEVER delivered the order. Again, I went to the POS and looked up the driver (Stephanie Q) and called the number. AGAIN, the number was NO GOOD. I could not call the driver. My guest had to wait and wait as I called DoorDash and wasted time going through their endless prompts and finally explaining it to a DoorDash rep who then called the driver. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME! I need a good phone number to call for the DoorDash drivers who are delivering MY FOOD for my business. If the orders are placed through DoorDash, I am provided the actual, correct phone number for the driver, but when the orders are actually placed through me...through MY WEBSITE...I am given a fake number that doesn't let me call the driver to check on my own order.

The number listed for the driver on the Toast POS was 251-220-5365 .  If you call it, you get a high pitched voice, "This number can not be used anymore. Please contact DoorDash support for assistance."

This is a mess and integration needs to fix this issue. Toast set up this integration.  Toast makes .50 on every one of my DD integration deliveries.  Toast needs to work directly with DD integration to fix this data loss issue. 

Anyone else struggling with this issue? Ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

T1448L
Soup III

2 things to note: 

#1 the number will only work if calling from the phone number listed on your doordash/toast account 

#2 you should have a backend doordash merchant portal where you can see all active deliveries, and driver contact information. if you dont have that set up, reach out to toast or doordash to get that active. its a game changer. 

escoop
Salad I

Thanks T1148L

Hmmm, I do have a doordash merchant portal and I can see orders that are being delivered if they were placed WITH doordash or if I telephoned in for a driver to deliver for me (or scheduled it online.) but the orders that went thru Toast for integrated DD delivery don't show up on the DD merchant portal. 

Understood. You should definitely be able to get your toast orders linked to that merchant account, or worst case a separate merchant account. you will probably have to contact someone from the TDS team on toast, and/or your merchant account manager on doordash to help you get this set up.