Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Flight Cards

We are a brewery that serves flights of our beers in taster glasses, as most other breweries do. I happened to see this post on Reddit that I think is a really cool idea. Since we already can enter the description for an item or item-used-as-a-modifier, I would think adding a feature like this would be doable. Are there any other situations where you'd love having a special ticket like this automatically print? My first thought was for oyster bars. Anything else?

How do I get my POS to do this - TheBrewery.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

josh212
Community Ambassador

Jake your best would be enabing portions on your menu I can walk you through this or nesting a modifier group within a modifier

I'm confused. I've read a bit about portions, but I don't see how this would print out a special ticket with descriptions to give to the customer. I already have the flight set up as an item with the beer entries as selectable modifiers, and that setup works very well.

So this is basically just the flight menu and they print them on the fly off the pos? The fact they print it on cardstock makes this hard to believe it's coming straight from the POS. 

Yeah, that's the idea. The one pictured wasn't straight from the POS but it says "she said they used to just get a paper one out of an ordinary receipt printer".

I got kinda close to replicating it using some ideas Josh212 had, but it was a hack job that was hard to read and I wouldn't feel proud giving it to my customers. Also would take quite a few more button presses by the server. Basically it was a kitchen ticket and I put the description into the "Kitchen Name" field. It was limited to 256 characters though so some descriptions wouldn't fit.

I'm figuring this sort of thing might only be able to be effectively done with the help of the Toast feature-creating gods. Hopefully one of them likes getting flights at breweries...