cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash Tips

jtmiller09
Soup III

Hello,

After far too many emails back and forth with Toast support figure better to ask those who probably know real world.  We are a counter service pizzeria that our customers put tips in a tip jar. We have always deposited cash tips and then I pay both with credit card tips and the deposited cash tips to my staff on their bi-weekly pay, based on the number of hours worked as a % of the tips they are paid.   What I am trying to accomplish but with no success is:

1. Record the cash tips received in the daily deposit reports, so the Toast Deposit Report matches by bank deposit report. 

2. Run a report every 2-weeks that clearly shows all Credit Card Tips & Cash Tips received for the pay period.  For whatever reason, Toast includes Toast Delivery Service Tips (DoorDash) in with the Tip reports. 

This is seemingly very rudimentary, but for whatever reason confuses the crap out of Toast Support.   

HELP! 

5 REPLIES 5

SharonL
Soup II

You could claim the cash tips nightly under a restaurant controlled operator. We have an employee named Counter Person in our system that does all our takeout orders. Cash tips are collected in a jar and split among the kitchen staff at the end of the night. If you claim all your cash tips under the Counter Person's audit every night, then you could run a report that shows what the cash tip collection is per night, week, etc. I don't think this is going to solve your problem necessarily, just an idea for how you might be able to account for them somewhere.

This is what we do also, enter the tips there and we then use the tip management software add-on to pay out the tips on payroll.  Quick and easy. 

Are you using Toast Payroll?  Do you like it?  I've read/heard mixed reviews.  

MattSimpson
CAB Member

3 things come to mind:

1. You could log the cash tips in the Manager Log of the Toast now app but I still think you may have to manually add those up.  

2. Depending on how much you utilize the Paid-in function.  You could do a Paid in of those tips to the register at the end of the night.

3. Not sure what you use for scheduling but I like the 7shifts Tip Pooling feature and there's a place to log cash tips plus it will automatically weight tips based on hours worked.