cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory for Dough

rahrahrah
Soup II

Hey!

How do yall keep track of your dough count?  We are having a hard time and the only solution we have been able to come up with is running all the pizzas as a single item and the specails as a "modification" of the main pizza item.  This way we can create a single dough count and not oversell our pizzas with when online ordering and scheduled orders are enabled. 

Anyone have any other solutions or ways to keep track of how many pizzas you have sold in a night to prevent overselling?

Thanks!

Thomas

4 REPLIES 4

josh212
Community Ambassador

@rahrahrah I never had a dough issue maybe on an insane friday night but I'm assuming you usse 1lb dough for your large and small pies, 1/2lb for your personals, 2lbs for your house (again please correct me if im mistaken.) , You can go ahead and Use price Levels for your pizza (Assuming all have the same base pricee), then you can set inentory on the size in price levels (it is very tricky though working with them just because of visibility in the database. I would be more than happy to show you tho

rahrahrah
Soup II

Thanks for the solution.  We just do one size, a 15 inch pie, and have been struggling because our numbers can fluctuate pretty wildly since we have not been open consistently.  Things are settling down so we are hoping we can get a handle on our pars.  I will take a look at using the sizes and report back.

Thanks for your Help!

josh212
Community Ambassador

@rahrahrah Im a little confused DM me a screenshot of of ur menu or if you wanat to do a screenshare because with one size you should have no issues

Flame_And_Pie
Soup II

Take a look at my online ordering menu for how we do it. toasttab.com/flameandpie. All of our pizzas are listed on the front page. Select the pizza you want, then you are "required" to select the crust style from the first modifier list. This could be set for the size as well if you only do one crust style. Each crust style on my menu has an inventory quantity set at the beginning of the shift.