cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coming back to Toast after a fire destroyed our business....

Hello!

We had a Toast account from 9/2022-4/2023. We never should have switched to someone else! Sadly, our shop burned down with three others in October 2022, but we are coming back in an even bigger space. I need to restart Toast in November, but I'm not sure how to do that. Also, we will be a book cafe, so we will need to add barcoded books to our inventory. I'm not sure how to do this with Toast. Can anyone assist?

Thanks!

Jennie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @CoffeeCorner, this is Nikhil with Toast. So sorry to hear about your shop, but I'm happy to hear you're planning to get back up and running again! I recommend reaching out to the Care team, who can help you get the hardware and services you need to get back into the swing of things. You can contact the team from this page!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

We had an issue with Gift Cards, and scanning them directly on the POS screen was just dumb, so I added an external scanner.  It made scanning an items barcodes barcode really easy.  On the POS, if you've created the item already and just need to add the barcode, long press the item,  and enter quick edit mode.  Click in SKU and either enter it by hand, or scan your bar code, and the numbers will populate.  

Which external scanner did you purchase? I want to make sure I get one that's compatible. Thanks!

Hi @CoffeeCorner, this is Nikhil with Toast. So sorry to hear about your shop, but I'm happy to hear you're planning to get back up and running again! I recommend reaching out to the Care team, who can help you get the hardware and services you need to get back into the swing of things. You can contact the team from this page!