Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Tips on a dummy employee number

BreeJos
Soup I

Right now we tip out at end of shift.  I want to change to credit card tips going onto the employee's paycheck.

We have one "shared" number that isn't tied to an employee that we use for our take out area.  I would typically tip that dummy number out at the end of the night and split the tips to back of house.

If I changed to credit card tips going onto the paychecks, what happens to the tips that are tied to the dummy employee number?  How do I handle that situation?

We have multiple employees that work in our pizzeria and take phone orders.  Those customers at times will tip on their credit card when picking up the order.

Those tips get divided up between multiple employees.  

How do I capture tips without it being tied to an employee?  If Jimmy is taking the phone calls, I don't want Jimmy to get all the tips because I want to split it up among other employees.  Most of the time there are multiple employees taking phone orders in a given night.

So currently have a dummy number that they all use when taking orders.  How do I capture credit card tips for take out orders without tying them to one specific employee?

6 REPLIES 6

Thank you for sharing that information! So your current work flow is
1) get you total cc tip amount from the dummy number you created
2) input the total into your spreadsheet to get how much each staff gets
3) Assuming you do tip out at the end of the day to take out cc tip in cash and pay your staff

In my earlier post, I was trying to point out that you can also find the total for cc tip by looking at the "Credit card/non-cash tip" in your z-report. You don't need a dummy number to get the cc tip total. Screenshot_2023.01.21_20.15.03.969.png

You can just enter the total of cc tip from Z-report into your spreadsheet. Everything else is still the same.

You can do this pretty easily by using the sales summary report in the back end.

Pick the period you want, pick all employees, under the drop down box 'more options' click dining option.

In the dining option section, check the boxes for take-out and online ordering, make sure dine in is unchecked.

This will give you the sales and tip breakdown for just  service offered.

Let me know of you need more detail on this.

Also make sure you have tip with holding turned on for your restaurant. This removes the CC fee for the tip. Restaurant operators shouldn't have to cover CC fees for tips.