Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Invoicing

I used customer invoicing for the first time last week when an event client wanted to prepay a set amount towards their final bill. I invoiced them with an item named "Event Deposit". The event is tonight and I need to tell our banquet captain how to redeem the prepayment on the client's check at the end of the night. Can someone provide instructions for this? I can't find anything on the Toast Help page.

5 REPLIES 5

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @sonjapeterson, the link below explains how to send an Invoice to your customers.
How to Send an Invoice to Your Guests

You could tell the banquet captain to close out the check to an "Other Payment Option" and invoice this customer later; let me know if this helps!
Setting Up Other Payment Options

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

Thanks. Where does the prepayment show up in our monthly accounting reports? 

The pre-payment will be under the "Paid in Total" section on the sales summary. Regarding the accounting report, the pre-payment should show up in the "Deferred Sales" section.

The article below goes into detail about how this invoicing process should be done!

Charging Guests for Event Deposits by Using Toast Invoicing

Accounting Reports Overview

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

I don't use the new invoice feature.  Instead I mark a  regular ticket paid, send the customer the receipt and then cancel the payment.  If you need more specifics kindly contact me.  Jay H 201.791.8818.