Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integral Modifier manual firing

Is it possible to manually fire certain integral modifiers to prep stations? Specifically sides so the xpo can fire a side, or integral modifier, to a prep station when the timing is correct. I’ve tried the independent modifier timing system with fires and it does not work best for us. It breaks up the ticket on the xpo KDS.  

4 REPLIES 4

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @jtb2112, I think you're talking about the Modifier Course Firing? 

Course Firing Options

If this doesn't work, you might have to create the sauces as "Items" for easier firing.

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

Hey there! We set up the independent modifier coursing route. It basically turned modifiers into items and the timing came in through the coursing system. We do not love this because it breaks checks up on our XPO screen. We prefer to see the complete check in the middle of service. Ideally, we want to be able to fire integral modifiers separate from the item. So the modifier would show up in small letters under the item, but from the XPO side, it would remain greyed out until it is either fired based on the cook time we pre-set, or it is manually fired by the XPO. This would keep complete checks together on the XPO KDS, but would fire items with different cook times separately to the corresponding prep station. For instance, if we have a burger with a side of fries ring in, we want the Item to say "Burger", then the the modifier "fries" would be in small print underneath the burger. But would fire something like 7 minutes after the burger is fired. 

Hey @jtb2112, thanks for explaining this! We don't have a system like this right now, but I will pass this feedback to my team; If they have any workarounds, I will be sure to update this thread! 

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

Awesome! Thanks for getting back!