Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your tips for a chance to win a $1,000 gift card!*

jenni
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone!

It's officially the first day of ☀️Summer☀️, and we have some great news! As a new community member, from June 21 - July 31, share tips on how you are navigating the busy season, and you will be entered for the chance to win a $1000 Visa gift card.* Terms Apply

We'd love to get to know you and hear how you and your restaurant team have prepared for the busy season. Tell us more about you below in the comments ⬇️ 

• Your name
  • Restaurant name & location
  • How long have you been a Toast customer?
  • What are your best practices for navigating the busy season?

*Terms and conditions apply. See Official Rules for details

51 REPLIES 51

Good Morning!

Ciara Taylor here!
Operations Manager with All In Hospitality Group out of Grand Rapids, MI.
Been with Toast for 3 years now.
Best practices to prep for busy season is starting early! Taking great notes from the season before and remembering the little details like smallwares and preventative maintenance to prevent any fire drills in the future. Hire staff early and stay open with communication as the season progresses!

Ciara Taylor
Director of Operations
All In Hospitality Group

• Your name: Sherri Sommers-Zelen 
  • Restaurant name & location: Old Dayton Pizza at Riverside Hideaway, Riverside, OH
  • How long have you been a Toast customer?: Since we opened 7/3/2020
  • What are your best practices for navigating the busy season? The restaurant we own is situated on 3 acres of land and it also has a house that has become our home.  Our Best Practices have evolved into a Real Farm to Table experience for our customers in the summer by creating a graden of Heirloom Tomatoes for our Caprese and other salads. Peppers, Basil, Rosemary, Mint for Mojitos and Julips! Absolutly everything is made fresh and house/home-made. No matter how warm it is we still have the fire-pit going so the kids or adults can have FREE S'Mores after their personal size Roman Style crust pizza! We truly treat each and every customer as family and as a guest coming into our home. The kids love to see the chicks and "Blue-Cheez" the Rooster that are out back. We also have a giant toy box for the kids full of yard games and hula hoops. The kids call me Momma Sherri and I love them all! For the big kids we have Giant Jenga, Corn Hole, and 4 Square plus all kinds of dice and cards. The seasons are beautiful here in SW Ohio and really every one has a special thing to offer and we take full advantage of these summer months! We also do charity monthly PawPatrol of Dayton for the Doggios to find furever homes.

• Patrick McFall
  • West Linn, Or
  • In year 1 with Toast 
  • Busy season and every season is to work with a smile. Having a plan for everything from food source(s),  order timing, supplies, staffing and having that plan reviewed by your staff at every level of the organization bc the front end will see things different than the kitchen and management but allowing every level to have an input facilitates buy in and compitment when the delivery is late and the rush is early. Cheers and happy serving! 

• Nicholas K
  • Olympic Cafe San Diego 
  • Have been with toast a long time, maybe 5-6  years. The help team is always surprised my login code is less than 4  numbers since I am grandfathered into that, I think
  • This years busy season is gonna be a tough one! Trying to figure out how and where to switch POS companies with Toast's new $.99 fee for online orders which essentially quadrupled our monthly subscription cost. Kind of ironic they put that live just before busy season to make our lives extra difficult! 

Anyways, happy to see these sorts of community programs, hoping I win the $1,000!

Elizabeth Nebot

Osteria Divino / Sausalito CA 

We have been a toast customer for 1 year. 

Our best practices for busy season are COMMUNICATION, curating a beautiful seasonal menu with the freshest items from the farmers market, keeping staff happy with much needed days off, and enjoying some time off myself to feel refreshed and excited for all of our guests.