Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your tips for a chance to win a $1,000 gift card!*

jenni
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone!

It's officially the first day of ☀️Summer☀️, and we have some great news! As a new community member, from June 21 - July 31, share tips on how you are navigating the busy season, and you will be entered for the chance to win a $1000 Visa gift card.* Terms Apply

We'd love to get to know you and hear how you and your restaurant team have prepared for the busy season. Tell us more about you below in the comments ⬇️ 

• Your name
  • Restaurant name & location
  • How long have you been a Toast customer?
  • What are your best practices for navigating the busy season?

*Terms and conditions apply. See Official Rules for details

51 REPLIES 51

Hellooo Neighbors!!

My name is Jeffery Jelm aka J.J. and I manage Paradiso 37 in Disney Springs in FL! I am 6 weeks into the program and absolutely love what a user-friendly experience Toast has been!! My #1 tip is saving time/stress/energy comes by using that Search button profusely! You can locate what you need by using only the first letters of each search! for example "Baja Fish Tacos" can be found extremely fast by searching "Baj" "Fi" or even "Tac" and BAM!!! Baja Fish Tacos are yours before you can even say "Baja Fish Tacos!" Not only that but it will give you a complete trail of where to find it in your operating system! For example, your search results will read: Food>Appetizers>Baja Fish Tacos. Now you can easily train a new hire to go to their Food screen, then Appetizers screen & select Baja Fish Tacos. I. Am. In. Love! If I can Toast, anyone can Toast!

• Your name: Omai Crichton
  • Restaurant name & location: Sweet's Hawaiian Grill in Provo, Utah (@sweetshawaiiangrill on social media)
  • How long have you been a Toast customer? 3 months (happily switched from ShopKeep!)
  • What are your best practices for navigating the busy season? Weekly meetings with management, daily quick meetings with staff just before opening and daily posts on socials to keep customers informed and engaged! Looking forward to building more with Toast! Thanks

• Tracy A.
  • Steve's Steakhouse Richfield, Ut
  • Sneaking up on 2 years
  • My official job title is Kitchen **bleep** Manager, but I am the systems administrator/tech support for our restaurant also. That said, Not only am I trying to make sure the kitchen can keep up with the demand making sure there are enough employees scheduled but also making sure that food prep is being done to ensure that we don't run out. I am always on the lookout for ways to make our menu better for our waitstaff and constantly make changes via the backend to help streamline how they are able to put their orders into toast. I like to tinker with the settings, usually outside of business hours, so I can see how things work and ask questions of the waitstaff to get their input of what we can do to make their jobs easier and more efficient. 

Hello all!  

My name is CJ Brower and my wife and I recently purchased Savory Sub Cafe & Pizzeria in Brunswick, Ohio.  We are new to Toast, currently in the build out stage and anxiously looking forward to going live mid July.  

Being in a recently acquired concept, my best practices have been primarily focused on establishing consistency by developing systems and procedures that can be easily taught and duplicated.   I am constantly searching for any and all points in the flow of operations that can be made more efficient so that my team can get more done in less time, with less stress.  

• Your name: Holly Purcell 
  • Restaurant name & location: Skyybox Grill & Bar - Omaha, NE 
  • How long have you been a Toast customer? Almost 1 year! 
  • What are your best practices for navigating the busy season?  Hiring in the month+ prior to busy season to train the staff and get them accustomed. Ensuring any hiccups we are encountering in our down time are addressed and fixed prior to busy season. Ensuring all projects are completed and the business is tip top shape as welcome people in- new and old. Guests like a well cared for and clean facility!