cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doordash Pickup (Non-Delivery) Orders are delayed before being sent!

Hello Toastys?

We love Toast, but our Doordash integration has a quirk where it does not fire (or send?) PICKUP (Takeout non-delivery) orders to the system until about 10-15 minutes after it has been ordered. This is frustrating because sometimes those customers end up coming to the restaurant right after they order.

What is the solution for ASAP send for doordash pickup orders without delay?

5 REPLIES 5

josh212
Community Ambassador

I strongly reccoment using Shipday Integraton as it does the same concept with more control and more delivery options

Not too familiar with the door dash integration but usually delays like this are caused by order throttling being used. Can you maybe share a screenshot of your takeout and delivery settings? If you want to use throttling but also have the order fired immediately change this setting in online ordering.

Screenshot_20230306-193605~3.png

Thank you! I do have Yes, fire throttled ASAP orders enabled.

I think I need to see why Doordash is not allowing ASAP orders... only scheduled pickup. Will update then.

I found this is the FAQ's, doesn't use online ordering prep times at all, my suggestion has no affect apparently. 

Does DoorDash respect Quote Time Strategies like Order Price Rules, Kitchen Capacity Throttling, or Throttling Delays?
DoorDash does not use your Online Ordering prep times or quote strategies from Toast web for driver pickup times.  If you have questions about how DoorDash generates these times, contact DoorDash support.