Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gift Card Promotion

Every year we would do a promotion with our gift cards around the holidays.  Buy $50 get $10 bonus that had to be used between January 1 and March 31st.  We are currently using the Toast Gift Card program.

We have an easy program for our physical cards, but I am not sure what the solution is for the guests that buy e-gift cards.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can't give a bonus e-gift card but you can offer a discount of $10 off a purchase of a $50 gift card.

https://central.toasttab.com/s/article/Discounting-E-Gift-Card-Sales 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Hello,

Yes we are having the same issue.  We want to offer the guest $20 per $100 and have them have to use the $20 between January and March.  This drives traffic to our restaurants during a slower period.  We have to do a work around which is to only offer that with physical gift cards that they purchase from our locations or we mail out with a paper certificate that is numbered for tracking purposes and an expiration number.  We will set that discount code up in Toast.  Not the best idea, but the only way we can do at this point.

That's similar to our work-around solution, except that we run a group of the $25 Promo Gift Cards and then each day, pull up the e-version of that gift card and send an email to the buyer thanking them for their online purchase and including that link for their $25 e-gift card.

Easier for our operations staff than a mix of gift card and paper certificates, but the downside is no expiration dates on the bonus e-gift cards.

AppSuite's program was somewhat clunky with its MICROS integration, but now we'd be happy if Toast would integrate with them and get this feature working.

I have talked with several local restauranteurs that use Toast that want this feature, and based on their answer, I was hoping that posting in the Toast Community might result in Toast receiving enough requests that they actually act on this feature request.  Time will tell!