Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay Outs

When we do payouts it is taking the money from our employees.  How do i change this so the HOUSE is taking that responsibility to pay it?

I am getting nowhere with  the help line, who once told me that the house was paying it and now I have to go through the past two weeks and pay back my employees

Example:

My cash in hand is $100

I did a pay out for "Knive Sharpinging" $100

My shift review should say i owe $0 to the house

It is not.  It is saying I owe $100

6 REPLIES 6

rcmck
Dessert I

If you are choosing no drawer (house) the  you are taking it from the house, if it was taking it from the employee (not even possible to do so) it would be the opposite of your example. You should be taking money from a a safe or however you handle house cash not from a servers cash bank. Is there a reason you don't just payout from a cash drawer? Servers start their shift with a cash bank, they make a various amount of cash sales during their shifts adding to their bank and cash on hand total, at the end of the shift those cash sales are owed to the house (minus non cash tips if you pay them out from their cash bank) When it says 100 is owed to the house that means servers should be handing that money over to the house at the end of their shift (the rest is theirs if tips are paid out at the end of their shift).I f the house owes the server then they would be payed out from a drawer or a safe (the house) depending on how you do things, some people pay through payroll. 

Our Servers start with $0 they do not have a cash bank

Bartenders have a drawer but we do not have it connected. 

How is my example backwards?

I received a $100 bill for payment on a $100 tab

I then used that $100 bill to pay for the knives

leaving me with $0

If the house was paying it then my shift review would say Owed to House $0

It doesn't it is saying i still owe the house $100

I am just trying to learn, I just spend 1.5hrs on the help line while the first lady i dealt with locked me out of both of my stores/accounts.  We had zero issues with our other POS system registering payouts and deducting them from employees cash owed.

When I say cash bank I just mean cash in hand and a zero balance. By opposite I meant that if it were coming from servers cash banks it would be 0 dollars instead of 100, the fact that it is still 100 means it is coming from the house and not their cash bank. Thanks for the added information on how your old POS handled the same situation, that might explain the confusion. I know you are just trying to learn, and I'm just trying to help. The way toast handles paying out from house is not from the individual server who did the pay out, If you look at the cash drawer history you will see a line for pay outs, that will be subtracted from the total cash collected for the entire house.  You can continue to do it the way you are used to but just need to be aware that the POS is not going to subtract it from the servers cash when they do shift review, they would just have to keep track of that and subtract it from what they owe the house.

How do I increase my pay out to a higher amount