Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service charge by outlet

I am trying to come up with the best way to do this in toast (if at all possible) we are implementing a new property that is a hotel with 2 restaurants, banquets, lobby bar, valet and room service. our restaurants currently have a 3% auto service charge. In Micros it is pretty simple just attach it to the revenue center and you are good to go, but in toast, it seems you can do it by "Service Area" and auto grat, but then it becomes an issue if the check is not started by table, even though the workstation is configured with a default service area, it seems to only be the first table layout shown not an automatic service area assigned if it is a fast transaction (quick service mode). my next idea was using the dining options, making the dining options of those outlets "dine in" and the ones with no service charge delivery, but then you get the added delivery info in the check detail screen. Are there any other possibilities that I am missing here? seems like a simple request.

1 REPLY 1

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Darren-MH, thanks for reaching out with this question! I will relay this to my team for more info! 

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast