Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorting items recommendation

Hello,

We have toast POS almost a year now. It is great software. However, If there is way to sort items one way on the ticket and another way sorting options on the screen such as input by user, would be great. If anyone has any idea in such a way that we can override toast existing sorting rules, please do share here.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

@birthday_fruits Did you figure out a solution for this?  I am trying to solve for this as well.

josh212
Community Ambassador

Option 1. Use defaults and sort defaults to the front on the POS 

josh212_0-1713824724503.pngThis will always have defaults at the front

Then you have a few UI options: Display in the way they are listed, display the way they are rang in, or display using modifier ordering priorty

Thanks for the reply @josh212.. So to expand on the issue I am having.  When we adjust the sorting values, it changes around the POS menu.  We want the POS menu to stay the same as our cashiers have a lot of muscle memory for where modifier tiles are and we have our seasonal tiles at the end of the list so the mainstay items will always be in the same place.  For instance, when a bowl is ordered, we typically input the Protein, followed by the Bases and sides, then Extras and finally Sauces.  We would like the kitchen ticket to read Cold Base, Hot Base, Hot Sides, Cold Sides, Sauces, Extras.

@CharlesW I recommend using size based pricing and either having the protein be the size or the bases be the size. You can then have sizes print first or last.  I need to understand a little more detail to know which would be the best route to fully take .