Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holding a table after payment

HarrySmith
Soup II

Hi, im not sure if this is the correct section for this. I have a functionality question. Quite often we have customer that want to sit down but insist on paying in advance, however we would like the ability to hold the customer/order at the table until manually closed. The toast POS system closes checks automatically once payment is taken.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Harry,

I believe if you wanted a work around for this, you could do as follows. Split the check and make add a place holder item in the second check. This could be something as simple as "don't close check" with a cost of $0.00. That second check would remain open on the table until you decide to close it so that it properly communicates with your reservation software that the table is still actively being sat at.

Best,

Brian

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Harry,

I believe if you wanted a work around for this, you could do as follows. Split the check and make add a place holder item in the second check. This could be something as simple as "don't close check" with a cost of $0.00. That second check would remain open on the table until you decide to close it so that it properly communicates with your reservation software that the table is still actively being sat at.

Best,

Brian

Great thank you, I will try this in the morning and let you know, I don’t know why this isn’t a feature though, the option of fully closing a table or not was on my previous pos system.