cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude guests who receive a check discount from ALSO getting rewards points and double dipping

escoop
Salad I

How can I prevent a guest from earning rewards points when they get a discount?  For example, we offer a 25% discount to military, but if they join rewards, they end up with a whopping 33% discount.  How can we set up Toast so that if a guest receives a discount (ie: 10%, 20% or 25%) the guest is ineligible to double dip and earn rewards/loyalty points too?

7 REPLIES 7

au79teahouse
Community Ambassador

I'm afraid that it's not possible. We asked the same question when we first switched to Toast. We eventually just gave in  by either lower the discount rate or cancelled couple discounts.

Uugh.  Hate that.  Looks so nice to offer our military a 25% discount.  I feel that if we lower it to 17% it seems weird and not as meaningful, but we are getting killed when the military signs up for the rewards program on top of getting their 25% discount.  And I don't think they really think about it...they aren't being greedy...after all...they are prompted to join when they pay.  Bummer.  I'll ask for a feature request.  Seems like there would have to be others that want this feature too.  Maybe they will call in with feature requests too HINT  HINT people  🙂 

As always, thanks au79teahouse/Toast guru!

Julie
Soup III

We would love to have certain discounts prevent a Loyalty account being added.  We don't allow our employees to have a loyalty account, but sometimes an employee will pay for a family member who does have a Loyalty account.  This then links the employee's card to that loyalty account (I wish we could opt out of automatically linking cards to loyalty) and then the employee is earning points for their family anytime they order their own food and use the card that is linked to that loyalty account.  

I would love to prevent any loyalty points being earned on any check that has an Employee discount.

Yes, Julie.  We too have wanted our employees excluded.  (They already get many other perks and freebies.)  Hopefully, if we all call into Toast, Toast will listen and get this feature added.