Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issuing Virtual Customer Vouchers

BURRITO
Soup II

We moved to Toast from Square and use of TapMango (loyalty). Unfortunately, we have lost the ability to issue a customer a voucher and/or coupon for a future visit. In Square, this was simple and directly tied to guest checks. In TapMango, we could issue a $5, $10, $20, $whatever "Manager Credit" tied to the guest's phone number or email address.

Has anyone figured out a good resolve for a scenario of:

customer: "Hey, I had a bad experience at your restaurant."

restaurant owner: "Wow! I hate that and so sorry! Let me send you a $20 voucher towards your next meal! Just let them know your phone number and they will issue you the credit! Better yet, use this promo code and it will take it off your next Toast Online Order at our restaurant!"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

au79teahouse
Community Ambassador

You can do so by issuing "customer credit".

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

au79teahouse
Community Ambassador

You can do so by issuing "customer credit".

Son of a gun! I spent 30 minutes looking into this myself, then called Toast Support, and they said it was not possible at all. This is why I dig the community... but also why live Support continues to be ¯⁠\⁠(⁠°⁠_⁠o⁠)⁠/⁠¯

I know this credit to customer is fairly new- I learned to add the tax into account when giving a customer credit. _ ie we owed a customer a cookie for whatever reason (we were out or forgot to place it with order) They are $2.99. So I issued a customer credit and it took $2.99 but not the tax.. But as a whole number like $20 towards your next order is perfect.... Keep in mind you need customers info which is also great for future marketing. 

Any idea how to issue a customer credit to a customer not already in our Customer Database? I'm remote from the restaurant and working to do this from the Toast Admin panel (not in the restaurant). I'm open to any ideas however. Thanks so much!