Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toast POS become slow after automatic update to android 12

Hi, 

we have 4 station, 3 station been automatically update to android 12 and 1 station still with android 9. we have an issue after update to android 12 the pos become so lagg or slow compare with android 9. is there anyway i can downgrade android 12 to android 9 ? @toasty 

thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can't, I had the same issue with the latest latest v12 update, not the initial one. Only thing that resolved it for me was a factory reset, fortunately they are not as painful as they sound anymore, only takes a few minutes and other than having to log back into the app all device specific settings are retained. Working as usual now, I thought it was just a fluke but if you are having the same issue they should consider halting that update. You could try just an app uninstall and reinstall first, I think that is the only thing I didn't try, just cleared storage instead which is basically the same thing. I recommend doing this outside of business hours if you can. https://central.toasttab.com/s/article/How-to-Factory-Reset-a-Toast-Flex-Terminal 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You can't, I had the same issue with the latest latest v12 update, not the initial one. Only thing that resolved it for me was a factory reset, fortunately they are not as painful as they sound anymore, only takes a few minutes and other than having to log back into the app all device specific settings are retained. Working as usual now, I thought it was just a fluke but if you are having the same issue they should consider halting that update. You could try just an app uninstall and reinstall first, I think that is the only thing I didn't try, just cleared storage instead which is basically the same thing. I recommend doing this outside of business hours if you can. https://central.toasttab.com/s/article/How-to-Factory-Reset-a-Toast-Flex-Terminal