cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is "Toast Local" (as shown on our Google Business Profile), and how do we get rid of it?

Erin
Salad I

Hi! I asked this in another chain, but didn't get an answer so posting in a separate post in hopes someone can shed some light.

Toast recently launched their integration with Google My Business (so your ToastOO buttons can now show up directly on your google business profile--which is great!).

However, ours is also now showing a "Toast Local" option. Does anybody know what this is? We use our own in-house drivers (the option on the left), but I cannot find any articles about what "Toast Local" actually is. It is showing up under both Delivery AND Pickup on our Google page. Screenshot 2022-12-15 at 5.29.45 PM.png

When I click on "Toast Local", it takes me to an error page:

Erin_1-1671150501137.png

I think this is very confusing for customers, and at the very least does not look professional routing customers to a dead link. 

Is anyone else seeing this on your Google Business profile when you google your restaurant? 

Also, why is my Delivery Fee showing a range of $0-$4 (on the left option), when our Delivery Fee is a static $4? And why is my Toast Delivery showing 25 minutes, when in reality it's 45 (as the right button shows)? 

9 REPLIES 9

I think it is just a web version of "Toast Takeout App". It looks nice but buggy. I got an error message when trying to add an item to cart. But it worked fine after I refreshed the page. The "Toast preferred by business" is an online ordering portal by google. I found it can be buggy and does not display menu accurately when you have a "subgroup" added to your items. It does not seem fully integrated with google yet.

We've always had "Toast Takeout App" turned on in our back-end, so not sure why our "Toast Local" button is directing to the error page that was pictured. No matter how many times I refresh, nothing happens. 

And I agree that the "Toast preferred by business" User Experience definitely needs work. The modifiers aren't collapsible like they are on ToastOO itself, so it's a very messy ordering experience. I wish we could just direct cusotmers directly to our ToastOO pages which are a much better user experience (at least with the size of the menu at our restaurant). 

The Toast Local button is working fine for us. I don't think the configuration of "Toast Takeout App" in the back-end has anything to do with it. I tried to click the toast local button your google business page. It does not work on my end either. My best guess is something is not configured correctly for your business and it requires Toast to fix the setting. The reason I said this is because our online ordering service was out for almost two weeks after a Toast update. It turned out it was our business address (somehow for unknown reason) was not set correctly that caused the problem (We never changed or edit our business address even since we launched). It did take Toast a good 14 calendar's days to investigate and resolve the problem. If the "Toast local" button on your google business page really bothers you, I would suggest you to contact Toast support and ask for a tier 2 agent to help you with the issue.

Your business address within Toast? or your business address on Google My Business?