Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lets see your pizzamenu's

josh212
Community Ambassador

what are the workarounds that you have implemented. Do you use 1st or 3rd part delivery etc

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Half and Half pies are definitely tricky, and a real pain to set up in the back-end, but thankfully you only have to put the time into it once!  So for someone who wants a Half & Half specialty like you mentioned above, we charge it 'by half' (making choosing each half mandatory). So the 1st Half would cost $12.50 ($25/2), and the 2nd Half would cost $11 ($22/2). Then they are allowed to add additional toppings (for a small fee) on top of each of those specialty sides. 

Check out our "Build Your Own 1/2 & 1/2" section here:  https://www.toasttab.com/bossladypizza 

It's a lot because our menu is giant, but at least once a customer creates their perfect pie, ToastOO makes it easy for them to 're-order' the same thing, so they don't have to re-build their preferences every time they order. 

The other alternative for Menu set-up is Menu Modifier Pricing, but last I checked this menu set-up type is not compatible with 3rd party integrations, so that's why we don't use it. 

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

shaz
CAB Member

We have a common modifier group for additional toppings and another mod group for removals that contains specifically the items that the removal group is attached to. We use 3rd party, and I have a separate menu group on the backend to allow for different pricing on that. 

Shaz Khan, Owner
Tono Pizzeria + Cheesesteaks
POS, KDS, Integrations, Marketing

josh212
Community Ambassador

sounds like Cheyenne helped with that one...Im assuming no halves on third parties right

I have a sandbox menu that I use to play around and determine the best way to set up pizza menus, and this methodology won based on an internal vote. However, I do have another concept that has first-party delivery, half toppings. For that concept, we have three mod groups for first half and second half toppings. Each of them carrying the same GUID for the half-toppings (and half-priced) items. The whole toppings are their own GUIDs. For clarity in the KDS, i have it show up as -----WHOLE TOPPINGS-----  and highlighted. 

Cheyenne did help set up the first 3PO-specific pricing menu! It was too much copy paste for me. How did you know it was her haha

Shaz Khan, Owner
Tono Pizzeria + Cheesesteaks
POS, KDS, Integrations, Marketing

josh212
Community Ambassador
They hyphens and the removal of modifier was the dead giveaway. I never had an onboarding person after a few month she took a shot but I have way to many other factors on my menu so it wouldn’t work

--