Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lets see your pizzamenu's

josh212
Community Ambassador

what are the workarounds that you have implemented. Do you use 1st or 3rd part delivery etc

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Half and Half pies are definitely tricky, and a real pain to set up in the back-end, but thankfully you only have to put the time into it once!  So for someone who wants a Half & Half specialty like you mentioned above, we charge it 'by half' (making choosing each half mandatory). So the 1st Half would cost $12.50 ($25/2), and the 2nd Half would cost $11 ($22/2). Then they are allowed to add additional toppings (for a small fee) on top of each of those specialty sides. 

Check out our "Build Your Own 1/2 & 1/2" section here:  https://www.toasttab.com/bossladypizza 

It's a lot because our menu is giant, but at least once a customer creates their perfect pie, ToastOO makes it easy for them to 're-order' the same thing, so they don't have to re-build their preferences every time they order. 

The other alternative for Menu set-up is Menu Modifier Pricing, but last I checked this menu set-up type is not compatible with 3rd party integrations, so that's why we don't use it. 

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

are you having any issues, or just looking to optimize? 

Shaz Khan, Owner
Tono Pizzeria + Cheesesteaks
POS, KDS, Integrations, Marketing

josh212
Community Ambassador

Just seeing what others have one and whether there are other workarounds people have tried

gotcha. i assume you mean workarounds to the fact that there isnt a standardized template in the toast menu system, for pizza?

Shaz Khan, Owner
Tono Pizzeria + Cheesesteaks
POS, KDS, Integrations, Marketing

josh212
Community Ambassador

No as we know the set up(or lack there-of) in toast for pizzeria's at the current moment is less than stellar, and I don't understand how most owners get the set-up done I feel for them because it takes a lot of understanding. I'm very technical and don't understand the word "no" by having conversations with developers, and using new builds I've finally got it almost 100 but there is always room to change and improve. Its actually one of my favorite questions generally to ask support agents whether at toast or my other partners. I ask your a fresh set of eyes that doent et blinded by being in the tick of it each day what do you think can be done better. Back to Toast. The systems there, the capabilities are there, But you cant have it be Olympic housing where you still need to get running water.

Good stuff Sr. Shaz. We are batting our heads against the wall trying to figure out 1/2's.