Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lets see your pizzamenu's

josh212
Community Ambassador

what are the workarounds that you have implemented. Do you use 1st or 3rd part delivery etc

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Half and Half pies are definitely tricky, and a real pain to set up in the back-end, but thankfully you only have to put the time into it once!  So for someone who wants a Half & Half specialty like you mentioned above, we charge it 'by half' (making choosing each half mandatory). So the 1st Half would cost $12.50 ($25/2), and the 2nd Half would cost $11 ($22/2). Then they are allowed to add additional toppings (for a small fee) on top of each of those specialty sides. 

Check out our "Build Your Own 1/2 & 1/2" section here:  https://www.toasttab.com/bossladypizza 

It's a lot because our menu is giant, but at least once a customer creates their perfect pie, ToastOO makes it easy for them to 're-order' the same thing, so they don't have to re-build their preferences every time they order. 

The other alternative for Menu set-up is Menu Modifier Pricing, but last I checked this menu set-up type is not compatible with 3rd party integrations, so that's why we don't use it. 

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

josh212
Community Ambassador

Hey  if you want i can show u what i kind of worked out which has been working

We are having the same issues with the 1/2 pizzas, especially the specialty pizzas.  We can't get the pricing right on our 1/2 & 1/2 Specialty pizzas.  

I wish I would have realized earlier just how bad the setup is for pizzerias.  I would have gone with another POS option.  Our onboarding menu engineer didn't set our pizza menu up efficiently, so I have been going back and redoing it as I have time.  

josh212
Community Ambassador

Hey shoot me an email `at josh@lafamiliakatonah.com
I should be able to help you out

josh212
Community Ambassador

Hey @MSPW11 

Hey shoot me an email `at josh@lafamiliakatonah.com
I should be able to help you out

ken_hansen
Soup I

We do half toppings on 3rd party and have not run into many issues (average around 850 third party orders a week).

For our specialty pizzas, we only offer topping removal; no additions or extras. For custom pizzas we use nested modifiers for Whole, Left, and Right toppings; not perfect but the issues are more than manageable, and we have over 40 topping choices between sauces, cheeses, veggies, and proteins.

Happy to share tips with anyone looking to go the nested modifier route. FYI, won't work if you are trying to run pizza topping costing or inventory through XtraChef.