Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to Permanently Delete Archived Items

Please add the ability to permanently delete from the system selected items that have been archived.

Archived items build up and can create confusion when building menus and groups. I find myself changing names of archived items to include wording like "DO NOT USE", etc...

One time when I asked Toast to clear out archived items it created havoc as some of the properties of those archived items somehow created some crossover confusion, etc...

36 REPLIES 36

How are you archiving items? Archived items don't show up in the menu builder, maybe you are confusing removing with archiving? Archiving items can only be done from the items database. https://www.toasttab.com/restaurants/admin/menuitems 

Let me rephrase. How do we permanently delete items, menus, menus groups that have been archived. The archives start to get very cluttered when creating, testing, removing, making deep copies, making copies of copies etc...how do we clean that up.  Thanks

It would be nice but I assume there are probably some good reasons you cannot, historical reports possibly, as well as the chance of a compromised account login or rogue employee with menu permissions just deciding to delete your entire menu, that would be a disaster. On a side note has anyone else also received access to the previously internal only tools for menu cleanup? Doesn't delete items but makes cleaning up unused items a lot  easier.