Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to Permanently Delete Archived Items

Please add the ability to permanently delete from the system selected items that have been archived.

Archived items build up and can create confusion when building menus and groups. I find myself changing names of archived items to include wording like "DO NOT USE", etc...

One time when I asked Toast to clear out archived items it created havoc as some of the properties of those archived items somehow created some crossover confusion, etc...

36 REPLIES 36

No, I don't have any information on the menu cleanup tool. I thought of the reasons you mentioned and I can understand why. It would be nice to somehow "hide" menus/items that were no longer in use.

I suggest to Toast that if you want to keep Archived items floating in the system for historical reporting reference to create an ARCHIVED file AND a NO LONGER IN USE file. Or something named similarly. Items that an operator wants to never use again would go into NO LONGER IN USE  or DO NOT USE THIS ITEM file and would automatically be tagged as such to prevent operator error from using one of these items

miltiple duplicates of items could also be put here. Items that may be used again go into  the ARCHIVED file. This would create to distinct files with one of them being a very clean operating file and prevent seeing many items of the same name when adding or copying items.  For some operations this is pretty easy as their menu may be very streamlined with not to many items. For others, take for instance a grocery store or market like operate where you have maybe 4000 plus items it becomes a nightmare not being able to make items completely disappear. Whether you archive an item or not it always shows as an option when creating adding or copying items. TOAST please consider the above described option of archiving for never using an item again and for using again!

Absolutely would love to see this option as well. I haven't had issues with archived items tripping me up lately, but I still have no reason to keep them all. Some items I genuinely would like to archive as we only sell them for a certain time frame each year, but others I would strongly prefer to permanently delete and not have to sort through ever again.

YESSSSSS. We run weekly specials. I have hundreds of archived items I will never use again, and I like to keep everything organized. Would love to permanently delete items from the archive!

Maybe try "generic" titles like App Special, etc.