Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to Permanently Delete Archived Items

Please add the ability to permanently delete from the system selected items that have been archived.

Archived items build up and can create confusion when building menus and groups. I find myself changing names of archived items to include wording like "DO NOT USE", etc...

One time when I asked Toast to clear out archived items it created havoc as some of the properties of those archived items somehow created some crossover confusion, etc...

36 REPLIES 36

Well said. I’ve been posting on Toast community about this for some time. No one wants to listen. Instead they give the standard run around. It is fixable problem  , much more worthy than the useless POS screen overhaul they dedicated so much time. Why fix the POS screen when it was really nice to start with. If you are running an operation with grocery , seafood and butcher just try going into the Items Database and going through 1000’s of items to archive them. Many are duplicates because of feeble first tier tech support attempts of duplicating menus and being left with double the amount of duplicates. 

there is a internal menu clean up tool that you can use to remove all unused modifiers, modifier group, items..etc. I'm not sure if it archives or deletes permanently but i suspect the redundant / unused items causing you confusion are not actually archived. If you can't find menu clean up tool on your website backend you can call customer service and have them do it for you.