Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to Permanently Delete Archived Items

Please add the ability to permanently delete from the system selected items that have been archived.

Archived items build up and can create confusion when building menus and groups. I find myself changing names of archived items to include wording like "DO NOT USE", etc...

One time when I asked Toast to clear out archived items it created havoc as some of the properties of those archived items somehow created some crossover confusion, etc...

36 REPLIES 36

Additionally in my case, I'm just trying to iterate through an initial data load. There are no historical transactions to be concerned about. I just want to flush the data out and start fresh and it seems I cannot do that...?

This is a good example of what I am referring to. All that old data if you use it can be tied to different modifiers, sales categories, sales tax, menu sharing, online ordering, etc, it can cause many issues if you are not super careful and ultimately you will find your self making copies of copies and careful if the are just COPIES or DEEP Copies, etc.. .Also, carful when too many hands get involved and start haphazardly using old archived data thinking they are doing the right thing when they are only deepening the issue.  Especially if it was copied from anther one of your units, Again, too much to even explain here.

Anyways, Toast doesn't see it this way. Good Luck!

I have had success with just contacting Toast Support to perform a Menu Cleanup for me. This has helped clear out all the old menu items I don't want in my archive anymore.

How long ago did you do that if you don't mind me asking? Did you have to provide specific items etc to get them to do that?

I called them right after our second location switched to Toast and they bungled the menu copy something fierce. They basically told me to kick rocks.

That was late this summer... Haven't tried again since. 

I've also had mixed helpfulness when contacting Toast Support from time to time -- sometimes just calling again or using the chat will get me a different person and a different support experience.