Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correcting a Refund Amount

Using the "Find Checks and Issue Refunds" tab under manager activities on the POS tablet, a customer needed to get the majority of their tip refunded, (the server had typed the order's final amount into the tip section when closing the ticket by mistake). I went into the "Refund" menu of the appropriate check and chose "Tip only", instead of inputting the amount to be refunded, I typed what I intended the final amount for the tip to be into the box that said "Tip: ". This meant that I did not issue nearly a large enough refund for the customer, and when I went to try and correct my mistake now that I understood how that input worked, I found I was totally locked out of the ticket. I want to ensure this customer gets their correct refund asap, what do I do to access this payment again and refund the remaining overcharge mistake? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

call toast bill/payment apartment for assistance will be the quickest way to have your issue resolved.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

call toast bill/payment apartment for assistance will be the quickest way to have your issue resolved.

They said they'll get the refund correctly processed in 3-5 business days, though it isn't going through our system, so no receipt for customer.