cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to access ToastPOS from a Mac without Bluestacks?

Erin
Salad I

Hello!  I used to be able to access ToastPOS from my Mac using the apk link + Bluestacks, but Bluestacks is unfortunately no longer compatible with Mac (Ventura), and they do not plan on making it so. 

Does anyone know of any other way to access the ToastPOS from a Mac?  I'm not looking to process payments, send orders, or anything business-related of the sort. I am just looking for access to view our Menu, current orders in the queue, some settings, etc. 

Any advice is welcome! (Running the restaurant remotely was so much easier when we had back-end access to the POS from a computer screen). Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You'll probably have some questions about creating the device, just pick a tablet form factor, I use the nexus 10, you can pretty much leave all the device settings default, I would only change android version, should work with any but the terminals run on 9 I believe so I pick that. To install the app you just download the toast apk to your computer and drag it into the emulator once it is running. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

I do, just ignore that, download the desktop app and install, just make sure to check personal use and login with the account you created.

You'll probably have some questions about creating the device, just pick a tablet form factor, I use the nexus 10, you can pretty much leave all the device settings default, I would only change android version, should work with any but the terminals run on 9 I believe so I pick that. To install the app you just download the toast apk to your computer and drag it into the emulator once it is running. 

Finally had a chance to sit down and do this. I ended up not changing any of the Nexus 10 default settings b/c there was no question about android version, but doesn't seem to have affected anything negatively. I'm finally in and have access to ToastPOS again from my iMac and life is good! Thanks so much for your help!

@rcmck Thanks for these tips earlier this year - I was able to successfully deploy Genymotion on a Mac with Mac silicon after many of the other emulators were not compatible.  Cheers!