Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Kiosk is Offline" when I connect using Bluestacks

First time user. I just started setting up Toast for my client. I want to be able to quickly test the user experience when I make changes. I installed Bluestacks on my Windows 11 PC and it worked fine at first. For the first day or so, I could open the kiosk and browse the menu. Now when I open Toast in the Bluestacks App Player, the welcome screen is presented with logo and background image, but a message says "Kiosk is Offline". 

snowrider253_0-1699770009648.png

Not sure if this is relevant, but customer is deploying a cashier station with wedge GFD and tap payment and printer. Also a self-serve Kiosk with tap payment. And the Toast KDS. I can use Bluestacks to connect to the KDS or cashier station with no issues. 

snowrider253_1-1699770381234.png

Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong? Thanks! 

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

au79teahouse
Community Ambassador

It's normal. You can't use Kiosk mode with Bluestacks because you don't have a Toast Tap connected to your computer. And card payment is not available with Bluestacks.

Screenshot 2023-11-11 at 22-39-21 Kiosk Setup.png

However, if you "enable paying with cashier" then you can access kiosk mode with Bluestacks. Just make sure you turn it off if you want customers pay only at the kiosk.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

au79teahouse
Community Ambassador

It's normal. You can't use Kiosk mode with Bluestacks because you don't have a Toast Tap connected to your computer. And card payment is not available with Bluestacks.

Screenshot 2023-11-11 at 22-39-21 Kiosk Setup.png

However, if you "enable paying with cashier" then you can access kiosk mode with Bluestacks. Just make sure you turn it off if you want customers pay only at the kiosk.

Trying now... YES!! That worked!  Thanks for the quick reply @au79teahouse

rcmck
Dessert I

Off topic but If you want to get bluestacks to display in horizontal mode see this post. https://community.toasttab.com/t5/back-office-team/bluestacks-amp-new-pos-display-issues/m-p/5406#M8...