Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New android version on toast guardian causing sluggishness

a few weeks ago, some of our toast guardian tablets updated to what seems like a new android operating system. there were some minor interface changes, including a different settings screen and navigation buttons being on the bottom right of the screen instead of the center. however, we have also noticed that the updated tablets are now more sluggish, particularly when using the browser. two of our tablets that for some reason didn't update are not experiencing the same sluggishness. the non-updated tablets are showing version 2.0.52. on the version screen it says it is the most up-to-date version, and there is version date, size, and info information. the updated tablets are showing version 3.0.29 and are also saying most up-to-date version. however, the version date, size, info fields are empty.

is there a reason why this new version would cause the tablets to be sluggish? is there a way to revert back to the 2.0.52 version for all tablets? is there a reason why two tablets wouldn't have updated when all the others did?

any help would be appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3

rcmck
Dessert I

I had a couple update so far, firmware updates don't always come all at once like software updates. I have not noticed any sluggishness though, can't speak to the browser usage, don't use terminals for anything other than the POS. Have you restarted them since they updated? 

yes, we restarted, and also cleared storage and cache, unplugged and replugged, per suggestion of technical support

Do you know if you have the older elo tablets or the newer flex models? I also had a toast go 2 update today and working okay.