Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Sending before payment

We are a fast casual concept that in some locations takes the order on the POS and sends the order to the kitchen to prepare the order.  We have issue with in store orders firing to the KDS before payment.  We would love to not send the order to the kitchen until payment is completed.  Right now it sends to the KDS when you hit the Pay button but many customers will decide to add something after the cashier hits pay.  This ends up creating a second ticket in the KDS and in turn does not get bagged together so the customer ends up missing food.

Anyone else dealing with this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I believe you may need to reach out to one of the Toast agent and ask about it. The "Send Order After An Order Is Paid" feature did not work at all when we first launched. I brought this up Toast. After several months (not sure how long it had been), there was an update and voila it works now.

It will be nice Toast can add patch note to each update so it is easier to understand what has been implemented.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Do you have send order after check is paid on under front of house settings?

Screenshot_20221122-165833.png

Thanks for the reply @rcmck .  Yeah I do have that setting on. Unfortunately that doesn't work.  It still sends the order to the KDS as soon as you hit Pay on the menu and it takes you to the Payment screen.  Maybe this is a limitation with using the Quick Order Mode?

There are limitations but it is not the order mode (quick order, table) but dining option, if you are using a dining option with a behavior that is set to takeout or delivery you will still get the send stay buttons which lets you override for call in takeout orders. If you are still seeing  buttons other than pay this is likely the case. You would need to use another dining option that doesn't have a takeout behavior or remember to not use the send stay or hold buttons, only pay. 

A little more about dining options and behaviors if you are not familiar https://central.toasttab.com/s/article/Dining-Options-1492794310377

Also technical documentation goes into a little more detail about this setting than the little blurb under the actual setting in the backend. 

send.png

I wonder though, if a guest decides to change their order, when your cashier goes back to modify, it should send the modification back to the KDS and the ticket on the screen should read "changed" at the very top. My restaurant only uses quick order since we're Taproom and much of our place is self serve except for cooking the food.