Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organizing KDS?

is there a setting on a KDS that will either let me group like items and/ or give me a total? Currently I am rewriting on a notebook and making hash-marks to handle big tables. 

ie-  all of each item together  - instead of randomly spread out   

totals would be 5-fries, 2 tots, 2 mashed, 4 cheeseburgers.  Etc.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey @Roots , the feature I use for this is the production items. I have the setup on all my KDS, some have overlapping items but others are specific to the certain screen or prep station. 

Start by setting up the production items "Kitchen -> Kitchen Stations -> Production items"

The hard part is then going into each item and adding the production counter in the advanced settings for the item.

You also need to go into the "device Settings" for each KDS and select which production items you want shown on that particular screen. 

Screenshot 2023-09-07 005330.pngScreenshot 2023-09-07 005407.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Roots, thanks for reaching out with this question! What comes to mind is the KDS All-Day Display. 

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

Other than all day display, the other option is to organize by sort order,  and assign a sort order to menu items. It can take a little time to setup and some planning on what you would like higher on the ticket (lower numbers are higher)  I recommend leaving some numbers for future menu updates or adding items without having to redo your numbers. Like maybe burgers start at 10 and goes to 20 then another menu group starts at 21 and goes to 30. You could give every number in a group the same number as well, but I like to give unique numbers to each item so they are together. But basically once you get it setup no matter how it is put in by waitstaff it is grouped together how you want it.  

Hey @Roots , the feature I use for this is the production items. I have the setup on all my KDS, some have overlapping items but others are specific to the certain screen or prep station. 

Start by setting up the production items "Kitchen -> Kitchen Stations -> Production items"

The hard part is then going into each item and adding the production counter in the advanced settings for the item.

You also need to go into the "device Settings" for each KDS and select which production items you want shown on that particular screen. 

Screenshot 2023-09-07 005330.pngScreenshot 2023-09-07 005407.png

Thank you so much - this is exactly what I needed.   Now my new dilema is there anyway to do this with modifiers?    We have all the sides as a modifier.   I would love to see total of fries, onion rings, mashed, etc.