Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organizing KDS?

is there a setting on a KDS that will either let me group like items and/ or give me a total? Currently I am rewriting on a notebook and making hash-marks to handle big tables. 

ie-  all of each item together  - instead of randomly spread out   

totals would be 5-fries, 2 tots, 2 mashed, 4 cheeseburgers.  Etc.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey @Roots , the feature I use for this is the production items. I have the setup on all my KDS, some have overlapping items but others are specific to the certain screen or prep station. 

Start by setting up the production items "Kitchen -> Kitchen Stations -> Production items"

The hard part is then going into each item and adding the production counter in the advanced settings for the item.

You also need to go into the "device Settings" for each KDS and select which production items you want shown on that particular screen. 

Screenshot 2023-09-07 005330.pngScreenshot 2023-09-07 005407.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Follow the same, I have our most used sides shown on our screen, fries, veggie, etc. Also set for mushroom, onion, appetizers. Just go into each modifier and look for that production, set it up the same way as the others. I have noticed that when I make this big of a change that a resync of the database is best, not just clear the cache, but the data as well and relogin to toast. That gives it a fresh update and seems to cause the fewest issues. I have told my crew to keep an eye just in case something isn't syncing correct so I can track it down.