cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Practice POS functions at anytime!

jenni
Community Manager
Community Manager

Here by customer request – Toast Learning Design and Customer Training have partnered to develop a solution that enables restaurant employees to practice using the POS without access to Toast Web or the physical POS! 

Users can now access hands-on tutorials for common Front of House POS functions in a sandbox environment. The tutorials can be accessed via the Getting Started with POS Functionality section of Toast Classroom page.

We are so excited about introducing this innovative modality to enhance on-the-job training for new Toast POS users.

Let us know in the comments if you’ve used them! ⬇️

7 REPLIES 7

Thank you for sharing that with me, Kirsten! I passed that along to the team as well. Hopefully we can provide a different type of practice mode in the future!

I agree!  We used Aloha before Toast and the Training Mode was incredibly valuable.  We had a 'Training Mode' dummy employee and staff could ring in training orders that we designed using our specific menu and real life scenarios (specific to our business) to help staff learn where buttons are located, how to ring in specific modifiers, which kitchen station would be preparing the items, clarifying questions to ask for items with similar names, etc.  When in Training Mode, Aloha would print the tickets that would have gone to the kitchen at the printer attached to the  terminal we were using instead so that the FOH staff could see what the kitchen would get on the ticket and which prep station would get that ticket.  All of the checks and the prep station tickets had a statement similar to "These items were rung in Training Mode.  Do not make." just in case the ticket went to the kitchen printers instead of the terminal printer.  We have had to make a massive adjustment in our training since switching to Toast. 

A true Training Mode is very needed.

Thanks for sharing this, Julie. What you both are looking for would more than likely fall into the product team's hands as a feature request, so I am going to send this their way!