Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

preventing items from the bar from appearing on KDS and Expedite stations

We have a bar that is on our Toast system.  We just went live last night, however today is the first day the bar is open and the bar tender is the one prepping the drinks.  We noticed that the drinks are still going to the Expediter display over in the kitchen and once you mark it fulfilled it is still printing out on the kitchen printer.  We do not need it to go to any of the KDS stations or expediter, and we do not need it to print out on the kitchen printer.  How do I fix this?  I saw the suggestion of the virtual display "No Print".  The guy who was here with us set that up, however it is still displaying on the Expediter station and still printing on the kitchen printer.  Please help me out with how to fix this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

We found out that since the expediter station was set up as an expo, it would show all items whether they were at a non-printing station or not.  We created a drink course for the bar menu items and asked expo not to print or display the drink course.  Fixed it.  thank you for your assistance.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Have you checked your "Prep Stations" settings? This article might be helpful with your question.

https://central.toasttab.com/s/article/Prep-Stations-Basics

We found out that since the expediter station was set up as an expo, it would show all items whether they were at a non-printing station or not.  We created a drink course for the bar menu items and asked expo not to print or display the drink course.  Fixed it.  thank you for your assistance.

Make sure drinks menu is not routed there by mistake and the drinks prep station is not set to send to expeditor. 

We found out that since the expediter station was set up as an expo, it would show all items whether they were at a non-printing station or not.  We created a drink course for the bar menu items and asked expo not to print or display the drink course.  Fixed it.  thank you all.