Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take Out Dining option for single item doesn't work

When our servers want to add a take-out plate to a dine-in ticket they select the "Take Out" dining option for that single item before sending it to the kitchen.

But the system treats the item as dine in and simply adds the text [Take Out] to the item and routes it to the dine-in expo.  The item does not appear on our Take Out expo where it belongs.  The expo KDS are filtered to show Dine in on one and Take out on the other.

Why doesn't the system convert the single item to take out when it works for whole tickets that are configured for Take Out.

7 REPLIES 7

josh212
Community Ambassador

So you need to have DIning Options Enabled on your Backend 

josh212_0-1685135629324.png

Then your server wuld select the Item  and Select the Dining Option 

We do have that set up and they are choosing the take out dining option.  But our take out expo screen only shows Take Out tickets not take out items.  The take out item is on a dine in ticket so it doesn't appear on the take out KDS.

How do I make an item with the take out dining option route to an expo KDS filtered to take out tickets only? 

I tried item routing but that only allows me to send the item to a different prep station but it's still a dine in ticket so the Take Out Expo never sees it.

chrisbkerbow_0-1685137690238.png

I don't think filter on the KDS alone will work, since the main dining option is still Dine In, but using an explicit item re-route based on dining option like @josh212 showed in his first screenshot should work. 

We have an item reroute setup to send the orders to the take out prep station KDS, but it won't show on the take out expo screen because it is filtered to take out tickets only.