Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your tips for a chance to win a $1,000 gift card!*

jenni
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone!

It's officially the first day of ☀️Summer☀️, and we have some great news! As a new community member, from June 21 - July 31, share tips on how you are navigating the busy season, and you will be entered for the chance to win a $1000 Visa gift card.* Terms Apply

We'd love to get to know you and hear how you and your restaurant team have prepared for the busy season. Tell us more about you below in the comments ⬇️ 

• Your name
  • Restaurant name & location
  • How long have you been a Toast customer?
  • What are your best practices for navigating the busy season?

*Terms and conditions apply. See Official Rules for details

51 REPLIES 51

My Name is Sydney and I am the GM of the New York Beer Project in Orlando FL!

I have been a Toast customer for 4 years now, just 7 months in this location. We have two locations and a 3rd on the way in Upstate NY. My location is the first in FL.

Some of our goals as a restaurant is to deliver Vacation Style Service to every single guest that walks in the door. To give them the atmosphere and space where they can just unwind and of course, drink beer!

My favorite toast is definitely avocado Toast!

My Name is Sydney and I am the GM of the New York Beer Project in Orlando FL!

I have been a Toast customer for 4 years now, just 7 months in this location. We have two locations and a 3rd on the way in Upstate NY. My location is the first in FL.

Our best practices for navigating busy season are staying ahead of it. Changing menus and adding beers before the launch date. It allows for less stress and more time to adjust prior to launching the full thing!

• Jaynelle Sage-Norman
  • Kamiah Hotel Bar and Steakhouse, Kamiah Idaho
  • Just shy of one year with Toast
  • Our best practices for the busy season; Train ahead!! When we hire a new employee, we teach them one station at a time. This can take a week to get them comfortable. We (managers and leads) pick what place that person fits best in for production. We are a popular spot on HWY 12, known for beauty, recreation, fishing, hunting, exploring and we are the center of Idaho.  We have weekly meetings so all employees are all on the same page. We have live music often and we amp up our staff to support the customers. Each server has an area, or we rotate tables to take pressure off of the kitchen and the bar. It has been very rewarding to see the customers and staff work so well together. Our servers use handhelds and a kitchen display screen, so the server can visit and get our customers comfortable while the bartender is preparing the ordered drinks and appetizers can be prepped while the server is still at the table.  We have two screens behind the bar for the bartender. Toast is a fantastic program and we utilize every aspect of it.

Eddie Pugsley

Red Horse by David Burke in White Plains, NY

Toast customer for years!

This location relies on foot traffic from the neighborhood. So we reach out regularly to concierges of hotels, doormen of residences and the staff of the three large parking facilities nearby to ensure our menu updates, promotional flyers and any other information is literally in the hands of those who can assist in distributing it. We also invite those people to a complimentary happy hour to say thanks. Word of mouth advertising can't be beat! Cheers!

Mathaeus Myga

Bo's Schnitzelbunker - 53072 Pewaukee, WI

Since January 2023

We adjusted our opening times and depending on the foot traffic, we are flexible with our closing time, meaning we do take orders past closing time, if customers are asking. Which means we need to have a flexible pos system, allowing us to take orders at anytime, without wasting time on setting things up.