Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your tips for a chance to win a $1,000 gift card!*

jenni
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone!

It's officially the first day of ☀️Summer☀️, and we have some great news! As a new community member, from June 21 - July 31, share tips on how you are navigating the busy season, and you will be entered for the chance to win a $1000 Visa gift card.* Terms Apply

We'd love to get to know you and hear how you and your restaurant team have prepared for the busy season. Tell us more about you below in the comments ⬇️ 

• Your name
  • Restaurant name & location
  • How long have you been a Toast customer?
  • What are your best practices for navigating the busy season?

*Terms and conditions apply. See Official Rules for details

51 REPLIES 51

Zac Hoffman

National Democratic Club, Washington DC

Toast customer for 6 weeks!

Best thing we've done to navigate the busy season is start buying cold pressed citrus juice from a small company based in chicago. We have limited kitchen space and we go through so much juice on the bar. I was skeptical at first but the product is shipped refrigerated and arrives with cold packs in the box. It has reduced our prep time significantly and helps handle the rush throughout service. Can't recommend it enough!

Hi Zac, can you share which company you use in Chicago? We have been considering this as an option to alleviate bar labor too.

They're called Twisted Alchemy. The wholesale prices are comparable to labor + product but streamline everything so much. 

Hi, my name is Michelle, and my husband and I own Countryside Pizza & Grill in Eugene, Oregon. 

I have been with Toast since 05/31/23. We were looking into Toast when Covid hit, so it's been a long time coming.

We've been in business since 1999, so we have the ebbs and flows of slow and busy down.  During our busy seasons, we staff up by adding shifts with a definite start time to slow.  Not having a specific time of clock out helps to maintain staff if it's busy or to control labor if it's slow. We have our major vendors deliver two times a week so we have a more accurate idea of product needed.  We also like to do something special for our employees during especially busy times, like pizzas, cupcakes, or a box of chocolates. They work very hard and we like to show our appreciation.