Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block-loading of gift cards

Good morning, team!

We purchased special gift cards to use as the $20 promos with our gift card holiday sales giveaway. We want to pre-load them all with $20 so the manager can just quickly hand them out to the guests who purchase. Is there a way to do that, if we have the new gift cards in sequential order and know the card numbers?

Thanks!
Patience

4 REPLIES 4

Are these special gift cards already imported? 

No they aren't. They were purchased (1000 of them) from Toast shop. Tech support showed me how to import inactive cards, but we didn't get a CSV of the card numbers. Ideally, I could load $20 onto maybe 300 cards, but if it has to be all of them, that's fine too.

Thanks!

Could you double check by searching for one of those card numbers in your gift card balances, I have never bought cards from toast shop from ecard systems that were not already imported when I received them. The only way I know to do a bulk load would be to import from a csv of card numbers with the initial value set to whatever you wanted. 

On the other hand, if you pre-load your gift cards, you won't be able to sell your gift card the regular way. You need to create an item for the $20 gift card. Just fyi