Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearing House Account Balance

KT
Soup III

Hello Community.  We do not use house accounts regularly.  We only have a small handful of house accounts that we invoice.  We find it very difficult to track house accounts and seeing clearly when an invoice is paid.  We have a balance in toast under a house account,  however our accounting department shows that invoice was paid.  Somewhere in the 'back-end' it seems as though toast is not communicating some numbers accurately.  I as the front of house manager do not always see when a customer pays an invoice from a house account that I closed.  Should I be seeing this?  Are we supposed to go back into the original transaction and Delete the house account payment and re issue the payment with whatever they sent us?  Are there some very direct instructions on how house accounts work?  I appreciate any input.  Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @KT, the link here is an overview of House Accounts, how to create them, pay Invoices, etc. We also have a new feature called Toast Invoicing. This feature has been discussed in the channel Here if you want to read through it. I have also attached a link to it here: Using Toast Invoicing for Outstanding House Accounts

However, it sounds like this report is feeding into something your accountant Is looking at. This Report is probably the GL Accounts. Creating and Mapping General Ledger Codes for Toast POS 
this link will explain how the House account feeds into the GL Accounts and GL Accounts as a whole.

Let me know if you have further questions! 

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

Thanks Rob for your help.  The info you sent me was helpful.  We/ (I) appreciate it!

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy to help! 

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast